Tuesday, July 29, 2008

HEEED, MOVE, NOW.






I confess, I love my baby. I think he looks so cute with his fly away hair and big head. But seriously, why the friggin' big head? WHY? That thing is the poor kid's downfall in almost everything he attempts. Why did God find this particular trait necessary in the design of new people? Every other part of their bodies is tiny and grows with them, some things faster than others, so why not let the head grow at a more adult-proportioned rate? It's ridiculous, they start not being able to hold up that giant bowling ball head, at first because their little rubber necks don't work yet (and admit it, if you spent nine months curled up in a tank of water your muscles might be a tad weak, too), but later, their necks are plenty strong, but the poor things are unfairly top heavy.


I fully understand that humans are the slowest intellectually developing species on Earth, we have the most to learn. But the giant head is completely unnecessary, and frankly quite dangerous. Babies find a nice supply of water to splash in, but in all their delight at their seemingly harmless discovery, they unknowingly run the risk of drowning in the toilet, because were they to fall in, there is no way they could lift that bulbous noggin out of the pot.


Moments ago my little numb-skull fell end over end down the stairs. Poor, poor big headed baby.


He needs a nap, I'm going to lay him on his "gargantuan pillah".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that a reference to "So I Married an Axe Murderer" ?

Why? said...

I'm thinking yes, Anonymous.

One of my neices had the biggest heads I'd ever seen. How can you be nice about that and glaze over the subject every time you see that baby?

Saying things like "Such cute eyes! What a fun disposition! She's darling, just DARLING!" When all you want to do is yell, "HAS ANYONE NOTICED SHE HAS A HEAD BIGGER THAN MY DINNER PLATE?"