Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hypocrite

I confess. I preach and preach against things that I actually do in my own home. Nothing serious, just chit-chatty advice I share with friends and coworkers while we're going on and on about nothing...

...I bring this up because right now my hands smell like a dirty dish rag.

I HATE sponges and dishrags in the kitchen sink. I've told people this for years and given them pages of reasons why. I hate the smell of them, I hate that once you use them you have to wash them immediately, and I HATE HATE HATE the thought of all the germs attached to them.

I currently have a sponge AND a dish rag in my sink right now. And quickly, before coming up to the computer I washed off the counter and table. And as I threw the rag back in the sink my hand passed my face and it stunk more than anything I can even describe. You all know what smell I'm describing, come on, admit it. It's old and rank and musty and is disgusting. I've washed my hands twice and I can still smell it through the Bath and Body Works "Lovely Cherry Jubilee Carnival of Delight" soap. (No. That's not the name. I'm just guessing.)

Look, all I'm saying is, hypocrite or not, you should take a girl's advice and NOT use disease-ridden sponges and dish rags. Stick to Clorox and Lysol wipes, throw them away and call it a day.

2 comments:

Ann LaDeux said...

You make some good points, I'll think twice about using sick spounges again.

Anonymous said...

Too true, Why. I can't stand the nastiness of sponges. EW.