Wednesday, August 6, 2008

WIPE OUT.


I confess, I LOVE watching people fall down. I feel like it's so wrong to enjoy it so thoroughly, but I can't make myself care. It's so funny!! Usually, if I see it in person I feel more sympathy and look away (but there was that one time in high school that that girl fell down the stairs and I was laughing so hard that my friend covered my eyes and guided me away before anyone could see what an ass I was making of myself. She was a good friend.), but particularly if the biff is on t.v., I guffaw unattractively like I've never seen anything funnier. Something about an adult losing control of their bodies and flailing like a rag doll being thrown down the stairs is frickin' hilarious. If they break a bone I don't laugh- I don't wish pain on people, just abject humiliation.


One of my favorite shows of all time is MXC (most extreme elimination challenge). Real Japanese game show + lots of mud + people dressed like idiots + sarcastic American commentary + lots and lots of falling down = ha ha funny. And now there is a new show on ABC called Wipe Out. This show is falling down GOLD. People face plant every 20 seconds. It's one of the very best reality shows of all time. At one point they give ten contestants a big lunch, then they put them on a spinner, get 'em real real dizzy, and then make them race across a balance beam over a pool of water. Genius I tells ya, genius. My husband and I laugh ourselves sick. (Side note: "I Survived a Japanese Gameshow" is totally lame, don't waste your time.)


I'm actually gonna go watch an episode right now on ABC.com- join me : http://abc.go.com/player/?channel=114932&campaign=DIS05isajgs&pn=index&cid=rm+summer+google+ABC



Hahahahahahahaha, sigh...... don't fall down in front of me, or you'll realize I'm not as nice a person as you once thought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a bad person. I hope you fall down a flight of stairs...and I hope I'm there to laugh at you.

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of this before and I laughed so hard. I guess I'm like you and like to laugh at other people being retarded.

Ann LaDeux said...

SO FUNNY! I need to TiVo that show!